The Myanmar Youth Development Institute (MYDI) is a Myanmar not for profit social enterprise that raises funds to develop and implement projects that aim to improve the lives of disadvantaged Myanmar youth. The MYDI was established by five businessmen with many years of experience in the hospitality and food industry.
To empower a generation of young people to become Myanmar’s industry leaders in hospitality and tourism.
Provides formal education beyond the classroom in a 12-month training program with a focus on:
- learning skills for employment
- empowering both men and women, and
- developing skills for life
Why We Chose Myanmar
- Tourist potential is enormous
- Desperate need in Myanmar for quality training
- High levels of disadvantaged youth
- High Unemployment
- It's about the hardest place on earth to do business
- Something new for trrlyanmer - giving a'westernized' Burmese culinary experience
- Success in training youth and securing them employment has certain and immediate economic flow-on effects for the student and his or her family